Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Roof Leaks From Rain? – Bob Jahn’s Roofing in Roseville
The good news is – in most cases yes. If you started to notice a new roof leak during a recent rainstorm or another similarly harsh weather event, your homeowner’s insurance should cover the cost of the repair. If so, this will be because the leaking damage was caused by a sudden and unexpected event. Bon Jahn’s team has had to repair homes all over Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, Lincoln, Auburn, Sacramento County, Placer County, and the Highway 80 Corridor.
Tips For Filling Out Your Home Insurance Claim
For example, if a tree crashed through your roof or high winds ripped off some of your shingles, you should be covered by your insurance. And here are some things to consider when filing your home insurance claim.
Home Insurance Claim Tips:
- Was the damage preventable? This is why we encourage you to have regular roof maintenance. If the damage was a result of the fact that you had prior roof damage that was never repaired, your insurance claim can be denied.
- Did you inspect your roof to make sure there are no missing or damaged shingles?
- Make sure to trim away large branches that might be getting too close to your home. Especially near fragile areas such as windows and yard structures.
- Make sure to regularly have your roof’s sealant replaced by a professional.
- Schedule regular gutter cleanings so that dirt, leaves, and debris do not overload and clog your gutters.
Call Bob Jahn’s Roofing For All Your Roofing Needs!
As a roofing contractor and expert, Bob Jahn’s Roofing is an ideal choice for roofing, roofers, commercial roofing, and residential roofing. We’re always happy to share information and advice with you all. That way, you’ll have a better understanding of the hard work we do. Now is a good time to call or email us. We’re always on standby, ready to answer any of your questions and help you.