3 Proven Ways To Extend The Life Of Your Roof – Bob Jahn’s Roofing in Roseville
Homeowners are always looking for ways to save money and protect their home investments. We understand and help residents all over Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, Lincoln, Auburn, Sacramento County, Placer County, and the Highway 80 Corridor.
We also know that big-ticket items such as air conditioners, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and the roof can be costly. But don’t worry, our team at Bob Jahn’s roofing has constant tips and advice to help you.
A roofing contractor and expert, Bob Jahn is an ideal choice for roofing, roofers, commercial roofing, and residential Roofing. And in today’s article, we’re going to look at some easy steps you can take to extend your roof’s use and durability. And afterward, you can read about how to look for signs that you need a new roof.
Here’s how you can help your roof last longer:
- Protect your roof from the very beginning. This means make sure to do your part when budgeting and researching the best quality materials and sources. Talk with your roofing contractor to make sure they understand and have access to these materials. The best roofing contractors will also have vast knowledge about the materials you’re interested in and will also provide advice and expertise. For example, the average asphalt tile lasts approximately 25 years and the average tile roof lasts 20 years.
- You can apply roof sealant to virtually all roofing materials. This goes a long way in helping to protect your roof.
- Doing regular inspections of your roof and home exterior will allow you to possibly spot minor issues before they become major ones. Especially check gutters, make sure there’s no debris collecting on the roof, and look for missing shingles.
- Schedule an annual inspection to be performed by a professional roofing contractor. Unless you’re immersed in roofing and working on them on a regular basis, you’ll need a professional to lend you their expertise and experience.
- Make smaller and cheaper repairs over time rather than large costly repairs that also take longer. As soon as you notice something, call a professional and get it taken care of immediately. The longer you delay, the more major it will become. And very quickly.
By following these basic steps, you’ll be on your way to a longer-lasting roof. We also have some tips for your roof if you live in the Sacramento area. Reach out to us today and we’ll help you make sure your roof is at its best.